Main navigation

Arrival in the United States

As you arrive in the United States, you will pass through Customs and a Port of Entry (POE). The Custom’s Official will stamp your passport with “F-1 D/S” and issue an electronic I-94 (if you arrive in the US at an airport), or a white I-94 card (if you pass through a land POE).

You are able to view and print your electronic I-94 at any point in time and should print it as soon as possible to keep with your important documents. We will also need one for your records in the International Student Office.


All incoming new and transfer international students are required to participate in International Student Orientation. More information about International Student Orientation is provided during the Summer or Fall semesters.