The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Accounting at King University is designed for adult and graduate studies students. The B.S. in Accounting is an academically challenging program that equips students with excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and writing skills. The B.S. in Accounting program allows students to integrate skills, theory, and training for a successful career. The program will meet the requirements for students pursuing a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification as well as preparing students who wish to pursue a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification with the necessary accounting courses. Certification provides an advantage in the job market because it shows professional competence in a specialized field of accounting and auditing.
Program is available in Knoxville, Tennessee beginning in Spring 2021. For more information on the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accredited & Achievable
- Full-time accelerated program with classes meeting one night per week and online.
- The Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at King University will feature 28 semester hours in general business courses and 32 semester hours in accounting coursework, allowing our graduates to have received a well-rounded education focusing on closely related topics like business processes.
- Designed so that an incoming transfer student with 76 approved credit hours from an accredited college can graduate in four semesters
- King University will consider your prior accounting coursework as transfer credit. Please contact an enrollment counselor today for more information.
- The business courses in the BBA program are modular and accelerated in nature.
King University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Accountants make a median annual salary of $63,350. However, those in the top ten percent earning bracket can make as much as $122,220. According to the BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS, jobs in this field are expected to grown 10 percent by 2026, a rate much faster than average. Employment growth of accountants is predicted to be strongest for entry-level positions.
- To graduate from King a student must accumulate at least 124 hours (including core, major, and elective credits), 48 of which must be completed at King. As a part of this 48 semester-hour requirement, a minimum of one-third of the required hours in the declared major must be completed at King.
- All undergraduate students must take RELG 1001 (4 sh) at King University prior to graduation.
- Complete application online at apply.king.edu
- Official high school transcripts demonstrating receipt of diploma or official documentation of a Graduate Equivalency Diploma if no prior degree has been earned.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended*
- The following prerequisites or transfer course equivalents as determined by the Office of Registration and Records must be met prior to entering this program:
- BUSA 2301 Financial Accounting
- BUSA 2302 Managerial Accounting
Laptop computer with Microsoft Office 365, wireless and webcam capability is required. Microsoft Office 365 is available to all King students to load on the PC or Mac and is accessible at Office.com using their King University credentials.
Comprehensive Assessment Requirement
During the last semester of the program of study, B.S. in Accounting students will take the comprehensive assessment examination which covers these functional areas: accounting, ethics, finance, strategy, leadership, economics, global business, information management systems, legal environment, management, marketing, and quantitative
*Students whose cumulative GPA falls below 2.2 will be asked to submit a personal essay