King University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of King University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
King University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the following degrees:
- Associate of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
The teacher education programs are approved by the TENNESSEE STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at King University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (HTTP://WWW.CCNEACCREDITATION.ORG).
The Bachelor of Social Work program is accredited by the COUNCIL ON SOCIAL WORK EDUCATION’S COMMISSION ON ACCREDIATION (CSWE).
The Master of Social Work program has achieved candidacy status with the COUNCIL ON SOCIAL WORK EDUCATION’S COMMISSION ON ACCREDIATION (CSWE).
King University is certified to operate in Virginia by the STATE COUNCIL OF HIGHER EDUCATION FOR VIRGINIA (SCHEV).
King University is a member of the:
- Appalachian College Association
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Association of Presbyterian Colleges and Universities
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council for Independent Colleges
- Holston Associated Libraries
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Tennessee Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Tennessee Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education
- Tennessee College Association
- Tennessee Foundation for Independent Colleges
- Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association
SCHEV Complaint Process
Complaint Procedure for Students Enrolled at Virginia Sites
Students enrolled in academic programs in Virginia should follow the student complaint procedures outlined in the King University Student Handbook. Students who follow King University grievance policies without resolution of their concern may, as a last resort, contact a staff member of the State Council of Higher Education in Virginia (SCHEV) to file a complaint about the school.
State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
101 N. 14TH St.
10TH FL, James Monroe Bldg.
Richmond, VA 23219
King University’s Richlands, Virginia, site serves as the main satellite location in the State of Virginia.
Southwest Virginia Community College
724 Community College Road
Cedar Bluff, Virginia 24609
Each course or degree, diploma, or certificate program offered in Virginia is approved by the governing body of the school, the Board of Trustees.