Main navigation

Withdrawal From The University – Return To Title IV Calculation


Students who receive TITLE IV federal financial aid and wish to withdraw from all courses should complete a King University Withdraw from University Form with the Registrar’s Office. If a student withdraws without notification, the last date of recorded class attendance or the mid-point of the semester, whichever comes first will be used as the withdrawal date.

When Federal Title IV aid is returned due to the student’s withdrawal from all classes within a semester, the student may owe a balance to the University. Students owing a balance should contact the Business Office to make payment arrangements.

If a student receiving Federal Title IV Aid withdraws after completing 60% of the semester/term, no Federal Title IV Aid will be returned. The student is considered to have earned 100% of the Federal Title IV aid for the semester. The adjustment of aid may have implications for future aid years.

Federal Title IV Financial Aid includes:

  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
  • Federal Teach Grant
  • Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
  • Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)


King University will return the Title IV funds in the following order:

  • Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
  • Subsidized Stafford Loans
  • Federal Plus Loans
  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
  • Federal Teach Grant
  • Other Title IV programs


Return of King University Scholarship and Funds

The Financial Aid Office will also recalculate King University scholarships for all students who withdraw, drop out or are dismissed from all courses prior to completing 60% of a semester/term. King University scholarships and funds will be removed when the student is relieved of all semester charges. Otherwise, the calculation uses the same formula as the Return of Title IV funds as described above.