- Make the connection between theory, research, and policy
- Focus on restorative justice provides students the opportunity to think beyond the typical responses to crimes
- Emphasis on original research helps build résumé
- Diverse curriculum prepares students for the workforce or graduate school
- Internship opportunities with area agencies, facilities, law offices, and victims’ services
- Extracurricular activities are available with King’s active Forensic Science and Criminology Club
- This program is offered both on campus and online.
Criminal Justice Program Overview
Criminal Justice is the study of the components of the criminal justice system and how they operate together. This program provides a full survey of courses designed to learn about each aspect of our justice system and the theories and research behind it. It provides a mix of courses that will be beneficial to those entering the field upon graduation or those beginning graduate or law school.
The criminal justice program places an emphasis on understanding many different forms of justice from the typical punitive practices to alternatives such as restorative justice. Instead of focusing on punishment only, restorative justice seeks to repair the harm that was done and restore the relationships of those involved. This is done by holding the offender accountable and giving the victim a voice in the process. Restorative justice combines the elements of social control with the principles of Christianity and forgiveness, which helps students to live out King’s mission to build meaningful lives of achievement and cultural transformation in Christ.
This program is also offered online. View more information about the online Criminal Justice degree program.
|Child Protective Services||Game Warden|
|Corrections officer||Juvenile Services|
|Crime Analyst||Law Clerk|
|Detective||Law enforcement officer|
|Evidence Technician||Probation and Parole|
|Federal Agent||Fraud Investigation|
Criminal Justice Coursework
Laptop computer with Microsoft Office 365, wireless and webcam capability is required. Microsoft Office 365 is available to all King students to load on the PC or Mac and is accessible at Office.com using their King University credentials.