The Bachelor of Science in Multidisciplinary Studies degree from King University allows students the opportunity to pursue a personalized plan of study different from a traditional major. Students in the program develop knowledge and skills of special interest, combining courses that are currently available across two disciplines to create an individualized course plan.
Students in the Multidisciplinary Studies program work with an advisor to determine an educational plan that best suits their needs, interests and career objectives. Those interested in this program of study should contact the Student Success Specialist to develop a plan. A complete plan of study will be created prior to a student enrolling in the program.
A total of 124 semester hours are required to graduate from King University. Students that need additional general education and/or elective courses to fulfill the 124 semester hours may transfer those credits from another accredited institution or register for general education and elective courses offered each semester.
- 48-semester hour major, with at least 24 hours taken in a single discipline and the remaining 24 hours taken in one or more related disciplines
- Customized course plan to fit the needs of each student
- A portfolio completed as a capstone project to demonstrate mastery of program outcomes and to share with potential employers
In order to qualify for the Multidisciplinary Studies program, students must submit:
- A resume, including an objective outlining reasoning for a specialized program and career goals to the Program Coordinator
A specified program of study plan created with an academic advisor
Required Comprehensive Assessment
A portfolio of specified artifacts to demonstrate knowledge and skills in the chosen academic disciplines that will be evaluated by representatives from each discipline
- A general education pass or fail test (the Outcomes Assessment at King – OAK – is comprised of 75 general education questions)
The Interdisciplinary Studies program requires a laptop with Microsoft Office 2010 or later, and wireless and webcam capability.