Elementary Education with K-5 Licensure
A specially designed “2+2” Elementary Education program with K-5 licensure is available on both the Bristol and Knoxville campuses. This program is a great option for students who hold an associate degree or college coursework. King’s program is compatible with both Virginia and Tennessee community college teacher education AA degrees.
The Elementary Education program includes concentrations in Math, Science, Social Studies, and English Language Arts. K-5 licensure courses will offer knowledge and practice in lesson planning, literacy, formative and summative assessment, English as a Second Language, teaching methods, and more.
The Elementary Education program is designed with the busy learner in mind. In the program you will:
- Complete the program in as little as 20 months
- Attend class one night per week right up to the student teaching practicum
- Take classes on campus and online to complete a full-time load each semester
- Communicate with an academic advisor every step of the way
- Obtain licensure in K-5 Elementary, a Tennessee-approved licensure program
- Complete a 15-week student teaching placement in the final semester
The mission of the King University’s School of Education is to prepare you for a career with:
- A commitment to community and service
- Academic and technical competence
- An appreciation for diverse abilities and cultures