King’s Student Success Model
Built on the framework of the Appreciative Inquiry Model, King University assigns a Student Success Specialist to all students. The role of the Student Success Specialist is to:
- Maintain contact with assigned students in order to enhance academic success and increase retention/graduation rates
- Meet with assigned students in one-on-one sessions in order to increase motivation, encourage achievement, monitor academic success and assess student’s ability to persist to the next semester/academic year
- Assist the student with registration and other University processes.
- Foster discussion on such topics as classes, study habits, major selection, student interaction, family relationships, and campus involvement
- Provide immediate (24-48 hour) follow-up on all early alert referrals
- Direct students to the appropriate resources available to help ensure their success
Student Success Specialists
Students can find contact information for their assigned Student Success Specialist via the Student Portal.
“Student success is defined as academic achievement; engagement in educationally purposeful activities; satisfaction; acquisition of desired knowledge, skills and competencies; persistence; attainment of educational objectives; and post-college performance.” (Kuh, et al., 2006)