Main navigation

Concerns and Grievances

Concerns, appeals, or complaints regarding the approval or implementation of accommodations should first be directed to the Director of Learning & Disability Services, who will work with the student and the instructors or other staff and administrators and attempt to achieve a mutually agreeable resolution. The student will be informed and kept appraised of steps and communications that occur to resolve the issue.

Should the student feel that a disability-related dispute remains unresolved after working with the Director of Learning & Disability Services, the student may appeal a decision or report the concern in writing to the Dean of Academic Services who, in conjunction with other campus administrators related to the appeal, will initiate a response to the student’s concern. Appeals to the Dean of Academic Services should be in writing and:

  • Clearly and concisely explain the appeal
  • State the matter being appealed in the first sentence
  • Include all relevant information in support of the appeal
  • Include the following on the first page in the upper left corner:
    • Student’s full name
    • KU Student ID number
    • Postal address
    • King email address

Should a student believe they have been treated unjustly by the University or any employee of the University, in a way that violates his/her personal rights or is in opposition to university policies, the student may file a formal grievance with the University. For more information, please review the Complaint and Grievance Procedures.