- Each client has the right to be treated with respect, consideration, and free from mental, physical, verbal, and sexual abuse, exploitation, and neglect
- Information shared with King University Counseling Center is confidential and no information will be released beyond the Counselor without written consent from the student. Exceptions to this confidentiality policy are:
- Suspected abuse or neglect of a child, elderly person, or a disabled person
- When your therapist believes you are in danger of harming yourself or others.
- If your therapist is ordered by a court to release information as part of a legal involvement in litigation, etc.
- When you sign a Release of Information giving your permission for the therapist to share your protected information with a designated person.
- The client has the right to exit therapy at any time during the course of therapy. The client agrees that a final termination session will be attended to bring the therapeutic relationship to a close.
- Clients have a responsibility to arrive as scheduled for appointments.
- Clients have the responsibility to cancel appointments by 3:00 p.m. of the previous day (or by 3:00 p.m. on Friday for a Monday appointment). After-hour messages regarding cancellations may be left at 423.652.4742.