RN to BSN Program Overview
Complete your RN-BSN in 12 months
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Registered Nurses accelerated program provides a unique alternative to the traditional method of pursuing a bachelor’s degree. This program is designed as a transformational learning experience leading to personal and professional skill development to meet the needs of Registered Nurses previously prepared at the ADN or diploma level.
- Two courses at a time; courses are 7 weeks in length.
- 32 semester hours of nursing courses; core education requirements based on previous academic record of completion.
- Cohort-based learning online or on-site format. On-site format is one night per week and one additional class online.
- Easy transfer from Associate’s degree or diploma programs.
- Students may start the program immediately after graduation from an Associate’s degree RN program prior to completing NCLEX.
- Clinical assignments are incorporated within courses to integrate new knowledge and demonstrate attainment of outcomes.
- Two-year, one course at-a-time option also available.
- This program is offered both on campus and online.
The admission calendar for nursing allows students to be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. The RN-BSN program allows students the opportunity to start 4 times per year—choose the best start time for you. King University reserves the right to change a cohort start date.
The School of Nursing programs are fully approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing, and are a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at King University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Guaranteed Admission to King University MSN Program Criteria:
Students completing the BSN degree from King University may apply for guaranteed admission to a MSN program during the final semester of the BSN program. In addition to standard MSN admission requirements, students applying for guaranteed admission must meet the following admission criteria:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation: Two academic and one professional.
- Received no academic sanctions during BSN program.
Note: Guaranteed admission is contingent on time of application and seats available per semester.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (AACN.CCNE)
- American Nurses Association
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- Virginia Nurses Association
- TN Nurses Association
This program is also offered online. View more information about the online RN-BSN degree program.
All Nursing Programs Require:
Laptop computer with Microsoft Office 365, wireless and webcam capability is required. Microsoft Office 365 is available to all King students to load on the PC or Mac and is accessible at Office.com using their King University credentials.