The Tadlock Collection
The King University Archive (Tadlock Collection) maintains the history and institutional legacy of King University. The primary purpose of the archives is to collect, preserve, maintain and make available institutional records of administrative, legal, fiscal or historical value. The King University Archives collects and maintains the published works of the King University community. This includes King University publications, in addition to a wide variety of materials produced by faculty, students, academic departments, administrative offices, campus organizations and the King Athletic Department.
In addition, there are special collections represented in the Tadlock Collection such as King University’s collection of rare books, manuscripts, photographs, and memorabilia. Local, regional, and state historical items have been collected that are inherently related to the history of the region and southern Appalachia.
Brief Overview of Materials
Materials related to the Presbyterian Church
- General Materials
- The National Level; General Assembly
- Presbyterian Church in the United States
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Other Branches of the Presbyterian Family
- Local and State Presbyterian Materials-Congregations
- Presbyteries-Abingdon, Asheville, East Tennessee, Holston, and Knoxville.
- Synods-Synod of Appalachia, Synod of the Mid-South, Synod of the Living Waters, Synod of Virginia
- Other Presbyterian Materials
- Publications of Independent Presbyterian Groups and Organizations
Materials related to southern Appalachia and East Tennessee
- Bristol TN/VA History
- Sullivan County, Tennessee
- Washington County, Virginia
- East Tennessee History
- Regional History
Materials related to other regional institutions
- Sullins College
- Yearbooks (incomplete sets, various years)
- Stonewall Jackson College
- Yearbooks (incomplete sets, various years
Forms and Documents
Some of the Tadlock Collection* has been digitized and is available on the Digital Library of Appalachia (DLA)
*Digitization of collections within the Tadlock Collection is an on-going process and will continue to be updated periodically.
Access to the archives is by appointment only. Please call (423) 652-4716 or email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Tadlock Collection-King University Archives
E. W. King Library
1350 King College Road
Bristol, Tennessee 37620