What Does it Mean to Major in Music?
- Discover your own creative abilities through performance
- Be a part of an ensemble (band or choral) and be part of community
- Symphonic Band
- Jazz Band
- Symphonic Choir
- Women’s Ensemble
- Men’s Ensemble
- Jazz Choir
- Collegium Musicum (Chamber Choir)
- Frequent local run-out concerts
- Choirs have performed in New York City , England, Scotland, Greece
- Tours of USA, especially southeast, including Disneyworld
- Two tracks: (1) Music and (2) Music Education
- Frequent opportunities for leadership and conducting ensembles
- Frequent opportunities for solo performances
- Preparation for graduate school
- Solid foundation in music theory
- Solid foundation in music history and research
Where are Music Majors Going to Graduate School?
Recent graduates from the King University Music Program have attended and graduated from Westminster Choir College, The University of Tennessee, NYU, and Columbia University in New York City.
What Can I Do With a Music Degree?
Degrees offered include a Bachelor of Arts in Music and a Bachelor of Arts in Music Education with licensure in vocal or instrumental music.
|Actor||High school band director|
|Church musician||Musician in the entertainment industry|
|High school choir director|
The Music Program requires a laptop with Microsoft Office 2010 or later and wireless and webcam capability.