Family Nurse Practitioner – Post-Master’s Certificate
- Plan of study offered in hybrid format with concentration/clinical courses offered face-to-face one day per week with core nursing courses offered online
- Applicants must have completed an MSN from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program
- Graduates are eligible to take the Family Nurse Practitioner certificate examination either through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and may apply for an advanced practice nurse license as appropriate in their legal state of practice
- Depending on the applicant’s current transcript evidence of coursework completed for the MSN and a gap analysis, an individualized plan of study will be developed
- Students will gain experience in primary care across the lifespan within settings specializing in Pediatrics, Women’s Health, and Care of Adult and Geriatric populations
Nurse Educator – Post-Master’s Certificate
- Plan of study online with classes beginning in both spring and fall
- Builds upon previous masters-level work to prepare for academic and clinical teaching roles
- Coursework includes curriculum development, teaching learning principles and curriculum evaluation
- Students have the ability to choose a specialty clinical focus area instructing patients and populations
The Nurse Educator Post-MSN Certificate is available online. View more information about the online certificate program.
- Develop educational strategies to promote holistic learning in individuals and groups with diverse backgrounds and developmental levels.
- Apply teaching and learning theory to the design, implementation and evaluation of learning processes.
420 minimum clinical practicum hours
Note: These clinical experiences are accomplished under the guidance of a faculty member and a preceptor in field study and internship courses. All preceptors MUST hold a minimum preparation at the master’s level.
Plan of Study
All Nursing Programs Require:
A laptop with Microsoft Office 2010 or later, and wireless and webcam capability. Students also need access to a scanner and the ability to scan and upload documents. See student handbook for program-specific requirements.