2. Policy Statement
2.1 Contact Information
- Controller: King University in the State of Tennessee
- Contact: Webmaster
- Phone: 423-968-1187
- Email: email@example.com
2.2 Information King Collects
- King collects two kinds of information on this site: 1) Information that is voluntarily supplied by visiting the site and enrolling in programs and 2) Information that is automatically collected as you navigate the site.
2.3 How King Uses This Information
- King may use this information in order to carry out its institutional mission, improve its website and services, and otherwise as permitted by applicable law. The legal basis for processing your personal data is typically (i) as necessary for purposes of King’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, (ii) as necessary for performance of a contract with you, (iii) as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or (iv) if you have provided consent.
- King does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may provide aggregated statistical data to reputable third-party vendors, but this data will include no personally identifying information. We may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) enforce law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of King University, our users, or others. Upon appropriate review by King’s legal counsel, the University will comply with all subpoenas or other legal orders to release such information.
- King will retain your information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purposes detailed in this policy. For more information or if you have specific questions, please contact us at the contact information provided above.
2.4 Sharing of Information
- King University does, upon explicit request of users, share information with other parties and gather information from other private data providers. For example, the University receives test scores from testing agencies and will send transcripts to persons or institutions outside the university. This is done only at the request of users (persons to whom the information applies). It is against University policy to release confidential information gathered through the Web.
2.5 How King Protects Your Information
- When you access your personal information, we use a secure server. Industry standard encryption (TLS) is employed before any information you input is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. As effective as encryption technology is, however, no security system is completely impenetrable, so King cannot guarantee absolute security of our systems, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
2.6 Online Forums
- King University makes forums, message boards, and other collaborative features available to its users. The University does not ordinarily log public chat sessions, however, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should therefore exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in such places. King may collect such information if it has reasonable cause to suspect misuse, unlawful conduct, breach of University policy, or other reasonable cause to collect such information. Specific academic collaboration conducted in connection with King classes may be logged but would be treated as non-public educational records.
2.7 Online Surveys
- King employs the use of online surveys which may be conducted on the University’s website. It is University policy that confidential information gathered in these online surveys is used only for the research purposes indicated in the survey. Unless otherwise noted on the specified survey, your answers are confidential and individual responses will not be shared with other parties. Aggregate data from surveys may be shared with external third parties.
2.8 Your Rights
- If you are located in the European Union, under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may have the right to (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, (ii) restrict or object to the processing of your data, (iii) in some cases, the right to receive or have your data transmitted in a portable format, and (iv) withdraw consent at any time. Please contact us at the contact information provided above if you would like to exercise one or more of these rights.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us at the phone number or email address provided above if you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your data. For individuals located in the European Union, you may also lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority, although we would appreciate the opportunity to receive and address your concerns first.
This policy applies to all visitors of King’s website, which is generally located at King.edu.
4. Approval and Revisions
Version 1.0 Approved November 6, 2018 by Robertson, CIO
Revision Date(s): November 6, 2018.
Approved by CIO on November 6, 2018.