Crisis Management and Emergencies
There are many resources available to help in times of crisis, no one should suffer alone. King University Counseling Center does not offer 24-hour crisis management at this time. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency and/or struggling with thoughts of self-harm, there are many 24/7 resources available:
- Call 911
- Campus Safety and Security: 423-652-4333
- Respond Hotline: 1-800-366-1132
- Crisis Center: 276-466-2312 or 866-953-0484
- Mobile Crisis Response Unit in Tennessee: 1-877-928-9062
- Turning Point (24/7 Walk-in Center and hotline): 423-928-9062, 208 E. Unaka Ave, Johnson City, TN
- Creekside Behavioral Health (24/7 Walk-in Center): 423-830-8110, 1025 Executive Park Blvd., Kingsport, TN
- National Suicide Hotlines at 1-800-273- TALK (8255) or 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
- TN Statewide Crisis Line: 855-CRISIS-1 (855-274-7471)
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741741
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency department. The nearest ER to King University Bristol campus is Bristol Regional Medical Center, located at 1 Medical Park Blvd, Bristol, Tennessee.
If you have been a victim of sexual assault, sexual harassment, or a violation of any other University policy, to file an anonymous complaint, contact the Campus Conduct Hotline at 866-943-5787. To discuss other options for confidentiality and/or reporting, contact the Office of Safety and Security at 423-652-4333.