What will my room be like?
Your room will be furnished with a bed, desk with bookshelves, chair, chest of drawers and a closet/wardrobe for each of you.
Your room will also have:
Network/Internet Access: All rooms have internet access! Simply plug your laptop into the computer jacks or log into King’s Wi-Fi network and you can surf the web or log onto King’s Student Portal or Blackboard sites.
Phone Access: All rooms have local phone service, but you will need to bring your own phone. You might consider purchasing a cell phone or a personal long distance calling card. If you would like to use a land line telephone, please contact the Help Desk to submit a request to have your phone line activated.
What do I really need?
It’s never too early to start thinking about your room. You know the basic stuff to bring with you when you move into the residence hall- sheets, pillows, and toiletries. But, what about the stuff you need that you didn’t think of?
Here are a few suggestions to make your room feel like home:
- An extra set of sheets
- Mattress pad
- Comforter and blanket
- Alarm clock
- Rug or carpet
- Shower shoes and caddy
- Cell phone or calling card
- Picture Frames with photos of your friends and family
- Posters or other wall decorations
- Snacks and plastic storage bags or boxes to store them
- Entertainment (TV, VCR, DVD, Stereo)/Favorite DVDs/Movies
- Study Lamp
- Heavy duty 14 gauge extension cords/Power strips with surge protectors
- Dry erase board for your door
- Mini-refrigerator (stocked with food)
- Any chair or couch
- Box fan
What not to bring:
- Appliances with open coils
- Halogen lamps
- Christmas Lights
- Anything with an open flame
- Flimsy or low gauge extension cords
- Power strips without surge protectors
- Anything that suspends from the ceiling