Main navigation

Business Office – FAQ

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 423.652.4718


I have a credit on my account; can I use this for a commuter meal plan or to purchase items from the Tornado Alley Shoppe?

Yes, for the Commuter Meal Plan, the student must go to the Business Office and sign an authorization form. For the Tornado Alley transfer the authorization form can be picked up in the Business Office or the Tornado Alley Shoppe, or it can be found on the student portal under My Student Forms > Tornado Bucks (There’s a description page & then a page to authorize, which can be printed, signed & returned to the Business Office.)

What happens if I don’t use all of my meal plan money?

Meal plans end at the end of each semester but the Dining Dollars roll over from Fall to

Spring semester. All meal plans end at the end of Spring semester. Meal plans must be renewed every semester.

Can I leave a credit balance on my account to help with any subsequent charges or to help for next semester?

Credit balances that are a result of federal funds must be disbursed. Credit from overpayments, outside scholarships and grants may be left on the account for a future semester within the academic year.

Why do I have a Business Office hold?

The most common reason for a hold is due to a balance due on the student account. If the student has given notice of a potential withdrawal then a withdrawal hold will be placed on the account.

If I have money coming from an outside scholarship or a state prepaid, why won’t that clear my hold?

These types of funds are not considered as secured funds in order to clear the hold. The student can go ahead and pay the balance due, and then when the funds are received, a refund may be requested via a check request.

How much is the overload fee if I go over 20 hours?

$300.00 per credit hour unless the overload course is being audited.

How do I get a refund of my credit balance?

Go to Student Portal>My Finances>Refund Request

Do I have to fill out a check request every semester?


When will I get my refund?

Refunds begin on the 10th day of the semester and are issued if a check request has been submitted. Refunds will then be processed weekly on Wednesdays.  Check request forms must be submitted to the Business Office by Monday at 8:00 am to be processed for that week’s refunds

When can I get my refund if I have a plus loan?

Plus loan refunds are issued the same time as all other refunds. Unless there is a letter on file stating for any remaining balance to be paid to the student, the refund will be issued to the parent.

I’m an Adult & Graduate Studies student and my employer is reimbursing me for tuition.  What type of documentation does the Business Office need?

First semester, the student must provide the employer’s policy that states the benefit that is being paid, a letter from the company on their letterhead stating that the student is eligible for the benefit, and a completed and signed King University Employer reimbursement form. The Employer reimbursement form is required each semester. This must all be submitted via the student portal.

I am an employer reimbursed student, when is my payment due?

Payment is due within three weeks of each course, regardless of whether the employer has reimbursed the student or not. The Employer reimbursement agreement is between King & the student. If the balance is not paid within the three week period, a hold will be placed on the student account, and future modules may be cancelled for non-payment.

I am an AGS student, am I eligible for the student medical insurance?

King no longer offers a medical insurance policy to its students.

I am an employer reimbursed student and my employer needs an itemized bill for reimbursement purposes, is this available?

Yes, a request needs to be made to the Business Office.

I’ve already completed & submitted an Employer’s Reimbursement Form. Do I have to fill it out again?

A new form must be submitted EACH semester in order to be considered employer reimbursed & remove a hold.

I have not received my grades yet, so how can I get reimbursed from my employer and pay King?

A balance due hold is not placed on the account if it is coded as employer reimbursed (must have submitted Employer Reimbursement form & all documents to be considered as employer reimbursed).

I purchased the King Student Accidental Injury Insurance, and I’m getting bills from the doctor’s office. How do I check on this?

  • For information on claims, refer to the Claim Instructions on the Student Portal by clicking here.
  • Download the claim form from your Student Portal. (The form is located within the “My Finances” heading.)

How do I get my tax information for the Tuition I paid last year?

King uses a 3rd party to process the Form 1098-T. The form can be printed from their website.

When will I receive my 1098T form?

The 1098T forms are processed by a third-party vendor and will be mailed by Jan 31. They may be accessed online on their website.

Where can I buy stamps?

The Business Office has stamps.

Where can I go to get change for the vending machines and laundry?

The Business Office can provide change.

Can I cash a check on campus?

Yes, students may cash a check up to $100 in the Business Office.

Why can’t my parents get information on my account, and how can I allow them to do so?

The student must authorize the parents to get a PIN # for the account through the Registrar’s Office.

What are the Business Office hours?

The Business Office is open Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.

What credit cards do you accept?

Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

What is the Dorm Damage Deposit?

It is a one-time deposit that is fully refundable once the student leaves King. The deposit remains on the account as long as the student is a resident.