Biochemistry Program Overview
The defining characteristic of the Biochemistry program at King is its interdisciplinary nature that provides the student with a strong foundation in both biology and chemistry.
Our Biochemistry program combines classroom and laboratory experience in both Biology and the Chemistry. It integrates a strong understanding of chemical and biological principles and quantitative problem solving while developing hands-on research skills.
- A Biochemistry major provides a student maximum flexibility in career options, including graduate programs in most areas of chemistry and biology.
- The Biochemistry program emphasizes the laboratory experience.
- Internship/Research experience is strongly encouraged, and your advisor and the Career Placement office will help you identify a suitable internship.
- The Science Seminar program will help you develop oral and written science communication skills.
The Biochemistry degree provides students with an opportunity to study both the disciplines of Biology and Chemistry in a highly integrated fashion within the School of Arts and Sciences at King. Because of the interdisciplinary nature of Biochemistry, it is one of the most versatile degrees in the natural sciences.
|Chemical Technician||Pharmacy and Pharmacology|
|Government laboratory work||Quality Control Analyst|
|Graduate Research||Veterinary Medicine|
Mission and Vision for King’s Biochemistry Program
The Biochemistry program seeks to train the next generation of young people with an interest in the interface between chemistry and biology. The coursework integrates chemical and biological concepts with laboratory techniques and best practices to develop graduates who are prepared for a variety of scientific career possibilities.
- To view all required courses for a BS in Biochemistry, click here.
- For biology course descriptions, click here.
- For Chemistry course descriptions, click here.
The Biochemistry program requires a laptop with Microsoft Office 2010 or later, and wireless and webcam capability.