Main navigation

Once Accepted


Once you have been accepted into King University, the Office of Admissions will complete and forward an I-20. You will need the I-20 to obtain your Visa to enter the United States.

SEVIS I-901 Fee

You must also pay the SEVIS I-901 fee and maintain proof that you have done so. All International Students must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee prior to applying for a student visa, applying for student status at a POE or applying for a change of status within the United States. For detailed information on payment of the SEVIS I-901 fee, please see Students can obtain proof of the SEVIS I-901 fee payment several ways:

  • The receipt that can be printed after paying online at with a credit card
  • The receipt issued by Western Union when using the Western Union quickpay option to remit payment
  • The Form I-797 receipt
  • Through (allow three business days for the interface with the DOS database to record the payment)

In most instances, Students are required to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee only once.

Obtaining Your Visa

International Students outside of the United States, who are not visa exempt, must apply to their local U.S. consulate or embassy for an F-1 visa.

Each U.S. embassy and consulate has a Web site linked to This Web site will have information on how to apply for a student visa and how to make an interview appointment.

Students should review the instructions and requirements provided by their US Embassy or Consulate. Because each student’s personal and academic situation differs, consular officials may ask applicants for different documentation even though they are applying for the same visa type.

Elizabeth Swallow, an international student from England
The students and faculty are amazing. When I first came to King I couldn’t believe how friendly people were. All the students look out for each other and extremely accommodating especially since I’m an international student.
Elizabeth Swallow, 2016 Alumna