With part-time and full-time program options, King University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program helps students from diverse backgrounds harness crucial business skills and find their path to success. Providing rigorous coursework, the MBA degree program is designed to cultivate effective strategic leaders, managers, and entrepreneurs who can ignite sustainable business growth. If you are ready to become a leader, our MBA program is the next step towards achieving your career and personal goals.
King’s MBA program emphasizes managing for quality results. In the program, utilizing transformative teaching methods and a comprehensive curriculum, we assist students in integrating management research, theoretical constructs, business skills, and ethical practices within their own professional situations.
In addition, to suit diverse student needs, our MBA program is offered both online and on-campus. Students may choose their preferred program format that best fits their lifestyles. Learn more about our Online MBA.
Why Earn an MBA Degree at King University?
Unlike many other programs, King University’s MBA gives you more than just a degree. Providing valuable field experiences and personalized learning, our program sets you up for roles as a successful well-rounded leader. With an emphasis on students’ career and personal development, our MBA program gives you a transformative educational experience.
Small Class Sizes
King University’s MBA program limits class sizes to 20 or 25 students at most in order to provide an engaging and in-depth experience. This enables faculty members to get to know students’ individual needs and it allows students to receive more personalized instruction from our renowned faculty. With a low student-to-faculty ratio, our MBA courses nurture more meaningful participation and better communication.
At King University, we not only teach students theoretical knowledge but also provide them opportunities to obtain real-world business experiences. Utilizing case studies and team projects, our MBA courses focus on the application of business and management knowledge to real-life situations. Working with partner companies, our MBA program allows students to perform research and solve business problems in teams for real companies. In addition, students have corporate visits and internship opportunities that allow them to take an in-depth look at business operations.
Our MBA faculty strives to provide every student with the attention they deserve. Seeing students’ success as theirs, they always do their best to be as accessible as possible to students. Through one-on-one meetings, phone calls, and email communications, they listen to students’ needs and guide them on the path to success.
MBA Program Options
Knowing that many of our students come from different backgrounds with a range of work experience, we offer two MBA program options for students to choose from based on their individual situations. Both options offer rigorous coursework, the same valuable MBA degree, and the same exceptional quality of education.
Full-time Accelerated One Year Daytime MBA
Our traditional Daytime MBA is a cohort-based, 12-month accelerated program. With classes held on weekdays, the program requires students’ full-time commitment to the coursework. It is ideal for those who want to complete the degree in a concentrated time period. Students gain a solid foundation in core business areas such as accounting, finance, economics, statistics, marketing, and strategy. Explore the highlights of the Daytime MBA to see if it is right for you:
- No previous work experience is required to enter the program.
- Students start the program in the fall.
- The program integrates theory and academic content with personal internship experience.
- Class sizes are usually maintained within 15-20 students.
- The program curriculum requires a business internship which can be completed in any semester.
Part-time Hybrid Evening MBA
The Evening MBA, on the other hand, is designed for students who intend to keep their full-time employment while pursuing an MBA degree. Offering a one-night-per-week class schedule and hybrid learning format, the program gives students the flexibility to attend classes after their work hours. With a goal to help students step into leadership roles, the program adopts a team-based approach, a fully integrated curriculum, and a transformational learning experience for personal and professional skill development. Learn more to see if the Evening MBA is for you:
- At least two years of full-time work experience is required to enter the program.
- The program emphasizes bringing real-world examples to the classroom.
- The program is team-based with 20-25 students per class.
- Students can complete their MBA degree in as little as 16 months.
- Concentration classes are completed online during the last semester.
MBA Program Curriculum
The comprehensive curriculum of King University’s MBA program consists of 36 semester hours of graduate-level coursework including 27 semester hours of major requirements and 9 semester hours of concentration courses. In addition, Daytime MBA students are required to complete a two-semester-hour internship during their program of study.
MBA Major Requirements
- BUSA 5010 Leadership
- BUSA 5030 Quantitative and Research Methods
- BUSA 5040 Economics of Organizational Architecture and Strategy
- BUSA 5050 Marketing
- BUSA 5061 Accounting for Managerial Decision-Making
- BUSA 5062 Strategic Financial Management
- BUSA 5069 Business Law
- BUSA 5090 Strategic Management
- BUSA 5730 Applied Management Science
- BUSA 5990 Comprehensive Assessment
MBA Concentration Options
Along with the major courses that provide you fundamental business knowledge, you can personalize your degree with six concentration options to further develop your skills in a focus area. Browse below to find the concentration that fits your career aspirations.
Geared towards business professionals who want to work in health care, this concentration provides students with vital knowledge of the healthcare system. Students learn how to make financial, structural, and legal decisions in healthcare organizations.
- HCAD 5410 Healthcare Systems
- HCAD 5420 Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- HCAD 5430 Managed Healthcare
The Human Resource Management concentration puts an emphasis on recruitment, organizational communication, and business strategy. Courses develop students’ tangible skills in building corporate culture and managing risks.
- BUSA 5200 Building Competitive Advantage–Human Resource Development
- BUSA 5202 Managing Risk in Human Resources
- BUSA 5203 Training and Development of Human Resources
The Management concentration is designed to help students gain solid knowledge and skills in business operations and management. Students can learn how to develop effective management strategies for sustainable competitive advantages.
- BUSA 5020 Managing for Organizational Effectiveness
- BUSA 5200 Building Competitive Advantage – Human Resource Development
- BUSA 5201 Operations Management
Focusing on effective marketing and advertising strategies, the marketing concentration helps students synthesize their business administration knowledge in a marketing context. Through coursework, students harness vital quantitative and qualitative research skills and strategic marketing planning skills.
- BUSA 5051 Promotions and Advertising Strategy
- BUSA 5053 Marketing Research and Analysis
- BUSA 5300 Strategic Marketing Planning
The Project Management concentration is ideal for students who want to step into leadership roles in managing complex projects. Courses delve into project management processes and equip students with the skills to plan and problem-solve with creative and critical thinking abilities.
- BUSA 5550 Project Management Essentials
- BUSA 5560 Project Management Body of Knowledge
- BUSA 5570 Process Project Architecture
Having an entrepreneurial mindset is crucial to the growth of small businesses. Designed for students who intend to launch their own start-ups or seek innovative solutions for an existing business, the Small Business Management and Social Entrepreneurship concentration helps them hone their strategic planning and financial skills in an entrepreneurial context.
- BUSA 5300 Strategic Marketing Planning
- BUSA 5710 Entrepreneurship Accounting and Finance
- BUSA 5720 Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship
Careers with an MBA Degree
An MBA degree not only equips you with marketable business management skills but also leaves you with ample career opportunities. The demand for highly skilled professionals in the intricacies of business management and leadership is on the rise. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in management occupations is expected to increase by 5% through 2029.
Graduates from King University’s MBA program can find various in-demand leadership positions in banking, finance, consulting, marketing, and technology:
- Human Resources Manager
- Project Manage
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Marketing Director
- Chief Technology Office
- Business Consultant
MBA Admission Requirements
The MBA Program at King does not require GMAT scores. Interested applicants need to submit the following documents:
- A completed application.
- Evidence of completion of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university prior to enrolling.
- Transcripts of previous coursework showing a C- or better, in Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Accounting, and Computer applications.
Students in the MBA program are required to supply their own laptop computer (PC or Mac), with fully functional Microsoft Office 2016 or newer, wireless capability, and webcam. Microsoft Office 365 is available to all King students to load on the PC or Mac and is accessible at Office.com using their King University credentials. Tablets or other devices without fully functional Microsoft Office 2016 or newer do not satisfy this requirement.
Elevate Your Career with an MBA Degree from King University
If you aspire to take your career to new heights, hone your business acumen with King University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. With both full-time and part-time options available during the day and in the evenings, you can choose the option that best fits your lifestyle. Contact us to learn more about our MBA program or apply today to start your journey to success.