Main navigation

Student Engagement

Ashley Albertson, Coordinator of Student Engagement
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 423.652.4711

What is a Community Service Learning Employee?

Community Service Learning Employees are students who work in the community for a non-profit agency for their King Student work-study position. Community service work-study positions are paid slightly more than regular work-study and students are required to meet Federal Work-Study requirements and work a minimum number of hours per week at their organization.

Where can I do my community service hours?

For a complete list of community service agencies in the Tri-Cities contact the Assistant Dean for Student Engagement. All volunteer hours must be approved by the Assistant Dean for Student Engagement.

How do I record my community service hours?

Students can record community service hours by obtaining a Service Verification Form from the Office of Student Engagement or on the student portal. Forms need to be turned in on the student portal by the last day of the classes each semester to receive credit.