Main navigation

Academic Affairs

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 423.652.4737

How do I appeal a grade?

First, speak to the professor involved. If you don’t find a mutually agreeable solution with your professor, you should take your grade concern to the school dean who oversees the course in question. Finally, if your grade concern remains unresolved, you can follow the grade appeal process outlined in the current academic catalog in the section titled “Academic Appeals.”

What kinds of grade issues can I appeal?

Students may appeal matters related to grades, course policies, and pertinent academic procedure. Appeals are considered valid when grade or course policies or procedures are applied inconsistently with how they may be described on a course syllabus or in a catalog or handbook.

I am a traditional undergraduate student. Do I have to take the CBASE exam? If so, when?

Yes. All traditional undergraduate students take the CBASE (College Basic Skills Exam). The exam, listed as KING 4020 on your course schedule and transcript) is a co-requisite with KING 4000: Christian Faith and Social Responsibility.

Do all students take achievement tests in their major fields before graduation?

All students must complete some kind of comprehensive assessment prior to graduation. Comprehensive Assessment is listed as XXXX 4990 on your course schedule and transcript, with the XXX being the school or major designation, such as BUSA 4990 or EDUC 4990. The course is usually completed during the last semester you are enrolled. Some major disciplines use a test as the comprehensive assessment. Others use a portfolio of completed work or a performance (theatre). Your academic advisor or Student Success Specialist can give you more information about the exact requirement for your program of study.