Top 10 Tips for Commuter Students
- PLAN AHEAD: Skip the lines! Sign up for your Parking Decal early! You can reserve your decal on the Security webpage.
- KNOW YOUR OPTIONS: Check out the Parking Map so you know where Commuter Parking is located.
- KNOW THE FACTS: Be aware of the Commuter Student Policy and how to apply for Commuter Status.
- ARRIVE EARLY: Arrive to campus early. Prime parking spots fill up early and quickly.
- CONNECT TO CAMPUS: Whether it is a student organization, honor society, career development, study group, or campus program, there are lots of ways to connect.
- SEEK ASSISTANCE WHEN NEEDED: Everyone needs help with a course from time to time. King has many resources including tutoring, writing center, library resources, and so much more!
- GET YOUR KING GEAR: Stop by the Tornado Alley Shoppe for all of your King University gear like shirts, hats, hoodies and more!
- GOT QUESTIONS: Stop by the Student Affairs Office! We are glad to help out with any of your student needs!
- TAKE A BREAK: Have some fun! You have access to the Student Center, SLACK events, SLACK Sports, and Athletic events with your student ID. SLACK also offers weekend movies and other great programs…don’t miss out!
- MAKE CAMPUS YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME: Don’t just come to campus and then go home. Eat in the dining hall, study in the library, take a walk around campus, attend a Commuter Luncheon, go to a SLACK Program, cheer on the King Tornado at an athletic event…the list goes on and on.