Security officers enforce and report all violations of campus policies and work with the appropriate law enforcement agency in the event of criminal activity taking place on campus. King University’s open campus environment affords freedom of movement for the college community, but it also allows for the freedom of movement by the general public.
It is essential that every member of the campus community takes some precautions to avoid unfortunate incidents with campus visitors. Students are urged to keep watch on each others’ vehicles and to help control access to their residence halls by re-securing outside doors and by taking notice of any suspicious activity. King University is private property and reserves the right to ask unwanted visitors to leave college property. The college is not liable for students’ personal possessions on the college campus.
In addition to providing services related to the general safety and welfare of all students, employees, and visitors while on campus, the Security Department offers fingerprinting services for criminal background checks and provides safety training in various topics including, but not limited to: CPR, AED, blood-borne pathogens, first aid, and fire safety.
Contact Information for Security
- For life safety emergencies, dial 911.
- On-duty Security officers may be contacted by dialing 4333 with any on campus phone. Dial 423.652.4333 or 423.340.4333 if you are off campus or using your cell phone.
- Kingsport Campus Security: 423.341.4536 (Officers are on duty only during scheduled classes.)
- Knoxville Campus Security: 865.201.1338 (Officers are only on duty during scheduled classes.)
- Parking: 423.652.6366
- Background checks: 423.652.4307
- Director of Safety and Security: 423.652.4705
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org