An endorsement in English as a Second Language (ESL), grades K-12, may be added to any other teaching license available at King or as an additional endorsement by a licensed teacher through the post-baccalaureate program. After completing all course work, students must pass the Praxis II exam, 5362, English to Speakers of Other Languages before they complete the practicum, EDUC 4380. For further information regarding the English as a Second Language additional endorsement, contact Professor Tammy Harosky in the School of Education.
- Opportunity to complete degree and licensure requirements in 2 semesters.
- Classes are convenient, meeting online, except for the practicum which is often done in the school district where the individual lives.
- Small class sizes enable more faculty-student interaction.
- Valuable relationships between the department and local school systems.
- 6 two-hour courses run consecutively.
- Dr. Tammy Harosky has held state office in TESOL.
- Active teaching license
- Formal Application
- Transcript with undergraduate degree conferred.
- Must pass ESL Praxis Test before enrolling in Practicum Course (second semester)