King’s August 1 Commencement
Greetings, King University Class of 2020!
We are excited to share with you that our plans for Spring’s rescheduled graduation ceremony for August 1st are well on their way. To make this event and celebration of your academic accomplishments possible, we must follow several guidelines provided through the CDC and the Office of the Governor’s reopening plan for the state of Tennessee. Although we plan on incorporating as many memorable aspects of graduation as possible, certain strictures must be observed in order to protect the safety of our graduates, their families, and our employees at King. Therefore, commencement will consist of the following requirements:
- To ensure proper social distancing, each graduate attending Commencement will be provided 4 guest tickets. (Children, including infants, will be counted as guests.)
- Temperature checks will be performed before entering the event.
- You are encouraged to arrive 2-3 hours before the beginning of the event.
- In the case of significant rain, the event will be rescheduled.
- Masks will be required for all attendees.
- If possible, we encourage attendees to arrive in one vehicle. A parking pass will be provided.
These requirements necessitate the institution to have a precise count of those who will be attending graduation. Therefore, we need you to RSVP by June 30, 2020.
In the coming weeks, all graduates attending commencement will receive additional information regarding their cap and gown, tickets, and directions. Please check your King email on a frequent basis for continuing updates and instructions regarding commencement.