Main navigation

Refund of Credit Balances

When a credit balance exists on a student account, as the result of an overpayment or from financial aid funds, a refund may be available to the student after the 10th day of classes. Accounts are only eligible for refund after all grant or loan funds have been received and processed by the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office. An automatic refund will be issued if the credit balance is a Title IV credit balance. To otherwise receive a refund, a student check request form will need to be submitted to the Business Office each semester. This form can be completed within the student portal. Refunds will be issued weekly.

When a student leaves the University and a credit balance remains on the student account, that balance will be applied to any institutional debt if applicable. Otherwise, the balance will be refunded to the student.