MaKING STRONG STEM Scholars High School Summer Camp (Canceled)
Due to the uncertainty of the status of the Covid-19 pandemic and a desire to maintain a safe atmosphere for our community, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the STEM camps for this summer. We look forward to being able to offer both of these camps in July 2021
King University invites High School students throughout the Southeast to attend our upcoming Co-Ed, residential MaKING STRONG STEM Scholars Summer Camp Monday, July 20, through Friday, July 24.
This is the only overnight STEM camp anywhere in our region and the only one with a completely comprehensive, varied curriculum of all STEM subjects.
Units in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology, Physics, Medical STEM, Nutrition, Exercise Science, Cryptology, Programming, and Astronomy are planned. Each interactive workshop will allow participants to learn more about the careers available in STEM fields and the skills needed to be successful. Group activities also are planned throughout the week.
Students will reside in the dormitories at King with supervision and engage in continued fun programming in the evenings. These will include an Evening with the Stars at our Astronomy observatory, Gaming Tournaments, Frisbee Golf, Fly Fishing, Evening Labs, Movie Night, off campus trips, etc. All meals and snacks will be included. Males and females will be in separate dormitories.
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Breakfast in the Dining Hall
- 9:00 – 9:30 a.m. Morning Group Activities
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Morning STEM session
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch in the King University Dining Hall
- 1:00 – 3:30 p.m. Afternoon STEM session
- 3:30 – 4:00 p.m. Afternoon Group Round-up
- 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. – Free time
- 5:30 – 6:15 p.m. Dinner
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Evening Programming Activities
- 9:30 – 10:00 p.m. Wrap Up
- 10:00 – 11:00 p.m. Free time in the separate dorms
- 11:00 p.m. In rooms and lights out
- $600 – Includes accommodations in the residence hall, all meals and snacks, and all costs involved with evening programming activities.