Bristol Writing Center
- The Writing Center offers assistance in writing at all levels. Our tutors are trained to discuss your writing assignments with you and make suggestions on approaching a topic, organizing, developing writing style, or correcting grammar and punctuation errors, as well as documentation and citation.
- Tutors provide assistance, but they will not edit a manuscript or write text for you. Instead, their goal is to teach you to do these things for yourself, so you can become a better, more confident writer, developing your own process for drafting and revising.
- the Bristol Writing Center is located in Bristol Hall 115, in the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE).
Knoxville Writing Center
- The Knoxville Writing Center is open Monday and Wednesday from 1:00-6:00 p.m.
- Contact email@example.com for an appointment.
How does it work?
- Meet one-on-one with a tutor to discuss your assignment. For the most helpful review, please meet with a tutor at least 24 hours before the assignment is due.
- Work with a tutor at any part of the writing process—brainstorming, outlining, creating a thesis statement, or revising an entire draft.
- Bring assignment sheet, rubric, and and draft you have already started.
- How to meet with a tutor:
- Drop in during our posted hours to meet with a tutor
- In case tutors are busy, it’s best to make an appointment by using the appointment tab or by emailing the center director, Kim Holloway, at firstname.lastname@example.org.