I currently am a full-time faculty member at King University. My previous experience includes teaching mental health nursing at Walters State Community College in Morristown, TN for 26 years, and teaching Mental Health in the Regents Online Degree Program and the LPN to RN program. Prior to that I worked at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center in Knoxville TN and Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville TN. I have supervised nursing students at a state psychiatric facility, acute inpatient psychiatric facility, community mental health centers as well as multiple community sites. I am married to a professor who teaches Anatomy and Physiology at another college and have one son as well as a dog and a cat. For fun I like to read and travel.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, King University, Bristol, TN
- Masters of Science in Nursing, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville TN
- Current certification, ANCC certification in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
DNP Translational Research Project: Perceptions of Resources and Homelessness