I am an Assistant Professor of Music at King where I direct the Jazz/Gospel Choir, Men’s Ensemble, and Women’s Ensemble, and am the primary professor in the vocal/general music education program. I am also a member of OAKE, NAfME, ACDA, and have served on the Teacher Education Committee, the National Children’s Choir Committee, and as the Secondary Education Advisor for the Organization of American Kodaly Educators National Board of Directors. Advocating for music education is my passion and I hope to instill that same passion into our future music educators.
Prior to coming to King, I taught 10 years in Washington County, Virginia at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. Born and raised in California, I moved to this area with my husband when I was just 20 years old and consider myself a “transplant” to this region. I currently live in Abingdon, VA with my husband and three dogs.
- 2011-Present- Doctorate of Musical Arts (D.M.A) ABD- Boston University
- Master of Science in Music Education (M.S)- Radford University
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.Ed.)- East Tennessee State University
- Kodaly Certification- James Madison University
- Orff-Schulwerk Level I Certification- Appalachian State University
- 2014 Kodaly Presentation
Information workshop presented to Orff Level II graduates
- 2012 Kodaly Presentation
Information workshop presented to Orff Level III graduates
- 2010 Kodaly 101: An Introduction
Workshop for local music educators