I currently serve as the Chief of Staff in the Office of the President. My first day of work at King was June 29, 1999, and I have served in the areas of public relations, alumni relations, fundraising, institutional effectiveness, and accreditation.
I also teach management classes in King’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program in both online and face-to-face formats. I have also served as a course writer and lead instructor for BBA management courses.
I grew up in Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee, and now enjoy being at home in my Hundred Acre Wood (like Winnie the Pooh) with my husband, two children, two dogs, four chickens, and two mules. I enjoy reading, lattes, archery, yoga, hiking, camping, making order out of chaos, and the TV shows “Homeland” and “Madame Secretary.” I do not enjoy cooking, laundry, or bad grammar. And if I could be anywhere in the world, it would be the Outer Banks in North Carolina.
- PhD, Organization and Management – Capella University, Minneapolis, MN
- Dissertation: “Exploring Women’s Perceptions of Work-Family Enrichment Experiences
- Influencing Higher Education Leadership Culture: An Exploratory Qualitative Inquiry”
- MBA – East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
- BS, Sociology – Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN