I am an Associate Professor in the School of Business and Economics, and Technology and chair the Management Department. I teach various courses including Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, and Leadership for both bachelors and masters level classes. I serve as the faculty associate for the King Men’s basketball team and serve on the athletic committee.
I have been teaching at King University for 10 years. I have prior teaching experience at Tusculum College in the School of Business. My management experience includes human resource management, marketing, public relations, and development in health care, a non-profit, a utility and manufacturing. I have also consulted with small and medium sized businesses, primarily on human resource management projects.
I am member of Munsey Memorial United Methodist Church and chair the Church and Society Team.
I reside in Johnson City, Tennessee. I am married to Dr. Sally S. Lee and have four children and one grandchild. Oh, and one dog-Luke, a German Shorthaired Pointer.
I enjoy boating, creative writing, and, most importantly, time with family and friends.
- Doctor of Management, University of Maryland University College
- Masters of Arts in Applied Organizational Management, Tusculum College
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and English Literature, East Tennessee State University
- Healthcare Availability Deficiencies in Appalachia: Impact, Causes, and Possible Solutions, a poster presentation delivered to the Appalachian Studies Conference in March, 2020.
- Other publications and presentations included presenting in spring 2016 at the Appalachian Studies Conference in Blacksburg, Virginia. My topic included the impact of entrepreneurs who are supported by networks in distressed rural areas, the focus being central Appalachia. I’ve also published several editorials in the Johnson City Press regarding healthcare including observations about the pending merger of the region’s two healthcare systems in east Tennessee and southwest VA.
- Various presentations in a consulting capacity to businesses and other groups on human resource management topics.