King University is proud to announce the Commitment Scholarship. This scholarship affirms King University’s commitment to providing an affordable education to economically challenged students at one of the premier private Christian Universities in East Tennessee.
The King Commitment Scholarship guarantees that full tuition is covered for four years to Tennessee students that meet the eligibility requirements below.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Parent Adjusted Gross Income of $55,000 or less and are Federal PELL Grant eligible.
- The student is a first-time freshman at King University starting in the fall semester.
- The student must be a Tennessee resident that is TN HOPE eligible.
- The student must enroll as a full-time student in a traditional program at King.
- An additional application for this program is not required. New accepted freshman for the fall semester will be automatically reviewed by the financial aid office.
- Maintain a King University cumulative GPA of 3.0 evaluated on a semester by semester basis. Students that lose the King Commitment for a GPA below a 3.0 can “REGAIN” the King Commitment back one time.
- Students must maintain continuous enrollment as a full-time student in a traditional program at King.
- Once initially awarded, the student must remain PELL eligible as determined by the FAFSA to receive the scholarship. If a student is no longer PELL eligible, the King Commitment Scholarship will be removed.
Please note: The King University Commitment Scholarship is a last-dollar award to cover up to full tuition only. (I.E. 2020-21 Tuition $30,106).
Scholarships from outside sources, such as civic organizations, Veterans Benefits, Vocational Rehabilitation or a place of employment, Federal and State scholarships, or grants can affect the dollar value of the King Commitment Scholarship.
Students that live on campus and have King on-campus housing and a King meal plan can use outside scholarships to help cover room and board charges. If outside scholarships exceed room and board then the King Commitment Scholarship will be reduced.
Students that live off-campus and receive outside scholarships will have the King Commitment award reduced to cover full tuition only.
Athletic or performing arts talent scholarships will impact a student’s eligibility for this award.