King University School of Nursing requires students to take the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test as part of the application process. The cost of the exam is $50, which is the responsibility of the student. Performance on this test will be taken into consideration as part of the overall criteria for acceptance into the traditional nursing program. Registration is a 2-step process:
- Step 1: Complete the Kaplan Test Registration Form at the bottom of this page.
- Step 2: Complete the registration for the Kaplan Admissions Test. Note: If retesting, enroll in repeat cohort.
Kaplan’s Admissions Test is a tool to determine if students have the academic skills necessary to perform effectively in a school of nursing. The Admissions Test is a 91-question, online, multiple-choice test that evaluates the basic reading, math, writing, and science skills of students seeking entry into a nursing program leading to RN licensure.
- Thursday, February 4 at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, March 20 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, April 22 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 12 at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 22 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, July 10 at 9 a.m.
The Admissions Test consists of 4 sections with a total of 91 questions. The total testing time is up to 165 minutes.
Candidates read four passages and answer questions that measure the essential skills required for reading:
- Determining the logic of a passage
- Comprehending details
- Drawing basic inferences
- Identifying the purpose of a passage
The test measures the candidate’s ability to apply mathematical principles in the following areas:
- Word problems
Candidates read nine passages and answer questions that measure the essential skills required for writing:
- Assessing passage development
- Assessing paragraph logic
- Assessing mechanics of writing
The test measures the candidate’s knowledge of physiology in the following areas:
- Cardiovascular system
- Gastrointestinal system
- Immune system
- Renal system
- Hematological system
- Respiratory system
- Sensory system
Kaplan suggest the following preparatory text
(Available at local bookstores or through Amazon.com)
Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exams: Your Complete Guide to Getting into Nursing School (Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam) by Kaplan
Please note the text is for all nursing entrance exams and includes more information than is on this specific Admissions Test. Since admission tests vary in content and focus, please focus on the areas listed above.