Commencement Parking Guidelines
With more than 4,000 people expected on to attend King University's Commencement on Saturday, April 29, 2017, we know parking will be challenging. To better accommodate guests, parking on campus will be first come first serve and is limited.
Special needs parking is available to individuals with government-issued handicapped parking placards. Those who are mobility impaired and require special needs parking accommodations that do not have a state handicap placard must register to obtain a special needs parking permit for King Commencement. Registration for the Commencement mobility impaired parking permits is available on the Special Event Mobility Impaired Parking page. Please note that special needs parking permits are issued by King University Security Department and are valid for the Spring 2017 Commencement service only.
Commencement Special Needs Parking FAQ
- We have two mobility impaired people in our vehicle. Do we need to submit two requests?
- No, just one request. By submitting a request, we will send you a special parking permit for your vehicle. It doesn't matter how many people are in the vehicle or how many of them are mobility impaired. The parking permit is for a vehicle, not for a person.
- May I use my mobility impaired parking arrangements for the nurses pinning ceremony
and baccalaureate services as well as Commencement?
- No. All parking at the nurses pinning ceremony and baccalaureate service is near the event.
- Does this provide seating at any event?
- No. However, there is a limited number handicap and special needs seats. All seating is first come first serve.
- May I sit with my mobility impaired family member?
- Yes. We do not require the mobility impaired guest to sit alone.
- Will special transportation be provided for mobility impaired guests
- For commencement services held on campus we have a shuttle bus, vans, and golf carts to assist mobility impaired guests to get around campus. For services at off campus site shuttle service is not available.
- Do I need to own a handicap permit/tag in order to request mobility impaired parking
arrangements for Commencement?
- Do I need to have a doctor's note in order to request mobility impaired parking and
seating arrangements for Commencement?
- Can I just drive up to drop off my mobility impaired family member, then go park?
- For Commencement Services located off campus a drop off location is available. For on Commencement Services held on campus we provide shuttle service and do not offer a drop off location.
- May I use the mobility impaired parking permit to park in handicap spaces on campus?
- No. The mobility impaired parking permit is only a permit to park in a designated lot. It is not the same as a legally recognized handicap permit. Only park in posted handicap spaces if you have a state issued handicap tag/permit.
- Do I need to request a mobility impaired parking permit if I already have a state-issued
- No, as long as the permit is visible and belongs to someone in the vehicle.
- Do I need to have a doctor's note in order to request mobility impaired parking arrangements