interior static banner

Name Change Request

Instructions for Requesting a Change of Name

A student may file a request for a name change by submitting supporting documentation online through the student portal. A student will go to and select 'My Student Forms', followed by 'Name Change form'. 

Follow the printed instructions and upload supporting documentation.

Request will be processed within 2 business days.

If you experience problems with the online application, please contact our office at or 423.652.6317 for assistance.

Request a Change of Name In person:

A student may file a request for a name change in person by coming to the Office of Registration and Records. Name change request must be accompanied by copies of supporting documentation:

  • Marriage Certificate 
  • Driver's License with new name
  • Divorce Decree
  • Court Order

The Office of Registration and Records is located on the Bristol campus, in the lower level of the E.W. King Library building. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.