Christian Universities Online Ranks King University Among the Best
BRISTOL, Tenn., July 19, 2017 – Christian Universities Online (CUO), an independent online resource for prospective students and their families researching Christian higher education, has ranked King University among the best in the country among Christian colleges and universities.The rankings recently received by King University from Christian Universities Online include the below.
- 50 Best Value Christian Colleges & Universities 2017 (ranked 25) CUO methodology: “CUO has published the Most Affordable Christian Colleges and Universities taking the ‘net price’ into primary consideration. This ranking takes additional criteria into account to compile the Best Value – think ‘return on investment’ – among Christian Colleges and Universities. The cost of a degree is steadily (or dramatically) increasing, and while overall ‘net price’ is not insignificant, a better tool would be overall net value when considering higher education on a budget. It is with this in mind that CUO provides the 50 Best Value Christian Colleges and Universities for 2017.”
- Most Affordable Colleges & Universities – South 2017 (ranked 22) CUO methodology: “It is in a spirit of stewardship, wisdom, and discernment that CUO is pleased to provide the 25 Most Affordable Christian Colleges and Universities in the South. Regional schools listed have proven to be affordable without sacrificing quality in their programs and resources.”
- Top 25 Online Christian Colleges & Universities 2017 (ranked 17) CUO methodology: “CUO is pleased to offer the Top 25 Undergraduate Online Christian Colleges and Universities. Each intentionally Christian school included here offers 100% online Degree programs. CUO compiled this list of schools that excel in categories of selectivity, student interaction, available financial aid, and overall student satisfaction.”
- 50 Best Christian College & University Athletic Programs (ranked 10) CUO methodology: “CUO’s methodology behind this ranking began with schools that are members or member eligible of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU). Each of these schools was evaluated and scored in the following categories: 1) Number of varsity teams, 2) Varsity championships won, 3) Percent of enrolled in at least one varsity team, and 4) Grand total revenues from athletic programs. CUO calculated standardized scores for each category, assigned equal weight to each category, took the sum score of all four categories, and finally standardized these final totals to produce this ranking. CUO used publicly available data from the U.S. Department of Education.”
- 50 Most Beautiful Christian Colleges and Universities 2017 (ranked 26) CUO methodology: “The decision where to pursue a degree includes the evaluation of many different criteria. Reputation of programs, graduation rate, [and] total cost are but a few items to consider. An oft-overlooked element is the physical surroundings and components of the campus itself. While not a primary criteria, campus beauty should not be ignored. In light of this, Christian Universities Online is happy to present our offering of the 50 most beautiful Christian colleges and universities for 2017.”
“We are honored to be counted among the top-ranked Christian schools not only in the South but also in the nation,” states Dr. Matt Roberts, Ed.D., vice president for Academic Affairs at King University. “These ranking serve as a reaffirmation of King’s commitment to academic excellence and the Universities mission to build meaningful lives of achievement and cultural transformation in Christ. Our historic motto, Ecclesiae et Litteris, For the Church and For Learning, indisputably describes the core ideals for which King was founded. These same ideals continue to be fostered today.”
The founders of King University envisioned a School that would not only fully develop the student’s intellect but core values as well. The integration of King’s Christian heritage is apparent in each course and degree program available at three campuses and 10 additional instructional sites located throughout Southwest Virginia and Tennessee, as well as online.
“King’s is committed to excellent academics, provided in a Christian atmosphere, that are affordable. Our enrollment counselors work diligently with King financial aid representatives to ensure what debt students do incur is markedly less than they might acquire at other institution,” says Roberts. “The overall goal is helping ensure students can afford to come to King where they can receive a quality Christian education.”
King University is a Presbyterian-affiliated, doctoral-level comprehensive university. Founded in 1867 as King College, the University offers more than 90 majors, minors, pre-professional degrees and concentrations in fields such as business, nursing, law, medical and health sciences, pharmacy, education, and humanities. Graduate programs are offered in business administration, education, and nursing. A number of research, off-campus learning opportunities, and travel destinations are also available. King University is a NCAA Division II and a Conference Carolinas member with 25 varsity sports. For more information about King University, visit www.king.edu. King University does not discriminate against academically qualified students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, or disability. King University is certified by SCHEV to operate locations in Virginia. For more information on SCHEV certification, contact the King University office at Southwest Virginia Community College, 309 College Road, Richlands, VA 24641.