Faculty may place item on print reserves or e-reserves. Please fill out the Course Reserve Request Form for each item. We can fulfill requests in 2-3 business days.
For any questions, please email or call the library at 1-855-KINGLIB.
General Reserves Policies
- Lab manuals, course packs, and instructor copies of textbooks may NOT be placed on reserve
- No more than 10-15% of an entire book can be placed on E-reserve
- Required texts (either books or articles) may only be placed on reserve for up to 1/3 of the length of the course.
- The library cannot and does not retain an archive of materials placed on electronic reserve
- An article obtained via interlibrary-loan cannot be placed on reserve.
- The use of reserves cannot supplant students purchasing required text(s)
- The library cannot ‘rip’ music or movies for online viewing without permission from and payment to the Copyright Clearance Center or other entity governing streaming rights for said movie. King’s IT department will assist in creating a digital copy of music or movies with proof of streaming rights.
- Each department must pay for their use of copyrighted works that do not fall under
the fair use exemptions articulated in Section 107 of the Copyright Act:
- Purpose and character of the use, including whether the use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes:
- Nature of the copyrighted work
- Amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
- Effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work