Library Services for Distance Faculty
- Introducing the Embedded Librarian Program
- Getting Research Instruction in Your Online Class
- Orienting Yourself to Library Services
- Accessing Library Resources Off-Campus
- Linking to Library Resources
The librarians have created a video tutorial to orient you to library services:
The library's electronic resources, found mainly on Article Finder, are limited to use by King-affiliated faculty, staff, and students. In order to enforce that limitation, you may be prompted to login to our resources when off-site.
To login, simply use the same information that you use to login to portal or Blackboard.
If you have problems logging on, make sure that your credentials work in Blackboard, portal, and your email. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
We strongly encourage you to link to the articles we provide through our database subscriptions in your online classes! Here are some tips:
- Make sure we have the article you want! You can either use Journal Finder (specific title search) or Article Finder (broad subject search) to look up our resources.
- After you find the article, make sure that there is full text available. The librarians focus on purchasing resources that are available in full-text, but that is not always possible.
- When you link to the article, video, or primary source, you can't use the URL in the browser's address bar! Look for a permalink, embed this, or share feature to capture the correct URL. The correct URL should start with http://ezproxy.king.edu/login?URL=
If you have questions about where to find the correct article URL, contact email@example.com.
Tips on Navigating the Library Website
1350 King College Road; Bristol TN 37620
104 E. Main St.; Kingsport, TN 376620
10950 Spring Bluff Way; Knoxville, TN 37932
General Library Email: