Financing a King Education
Scholarship Programs for Veterans
Below is a list of links to scholarship programs for military veterans:
- Military.com's "Scholarship Finder"
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Scholarship Program
- Department of Defense: Scholarships and Fellowship Information for Veterans
- Leave No Veteran Behind
- Blinded Veterans Association Scholarship Program
- Armed Forces Veteran and Active Duty Scholarships
- Department of Education Resource Page
Treatment Under Title IV Student Financial Aid Programs
On July 1, 2009, President Barack Obama signed H.R. 1777, a bill making technical corrections to the Higher Education Act. H.R. 1777 changes the effective date for the exclusion of veterans education benefits as estimated financial assistance (EFA) to July 1, 2009. This exclusion applies to all Federal veterans education benefits regardless of whether the benefits are received by the veteran, his or her spouse, or his or her dependent.
- Change of Effective Date for the Exclusion of Federal Veterans Education Benefits as Estimated Financial Assistance for Purposes of the Title IV Student Assistance Programs (July 2, 2009)
- Guidance on Federal Veterans’ Education Benefits for Purposes of the Title IV Student Assistance Programs (August 13, 2009)
Additional Financial Aid options
Click here for more information.