interior static banner


The IRS classifies all non-immigrants as non-residential aliens. It is recommended you file a tax return, even if you did not work or bring in any income. Although you may not be required to file it could work to your advantage in the future. The forms that international students should file are the 1040-NR-EZ for the simplest cases or 1040-NR.

Federal Income Tax Brochure

Tax Forms:

Another form that you should fill out is Form 8843.