interior static banner

Report to Advisor

Reporting to your ISA

Being a student with an F-1 status, you are responsible for learning, understanding, and complying with the U.S. laws and regulations that apply to you. Many times, this simply requires you to notify the International Student Advisor of any changes in your address, finances, or schedule causing your I-20 to become inaccurate. Use the forms below to communicate with your advisor these changes. In many cases the International Student Services Office will issue you a new I-20 which you will need to pick up.


It is not required you request authorization to travel outside the United States; however, you will want to make sure the signature on your I-20 is current and your visa and passport are still valid. Signatures are valid for one year or 6 months for those on OPT. The International Student Advisor and International Admissions Rep are the only ones authorized to sign the I-20.

Address Change

If you are a student, you are required to report any change of address to the college within 10 days of the address change [this includes changing rooms within a dormitory]. 

Authorization to Drop Below a Full Course of Study

If you are a student you are required to pursue a full course of study [12 hours of credit] during normal enrollment periods (Fall and Spring semesters). The Reduced Course load Certification must be completed prior to dropping below a fulltime status. You are allowed to deviate from this full course of study only with PRIOR authorization from the ISA, and only under very limited circumstances. If you want to drop below a full course of study, please check with your International Student Advisor via email.

Early Graduation, Withdrawal, or Transfer

Sometimes, and for a variety of reasons, students leave the college early or unexpectedly. Some of theses reasons include early graduation, leave of absence, suspension, expulsion, or family emergencies. You are required to inform the ISA if you plan to leave the college before the date on your I-20 and the reason for leaving.

If you decide to attend another school in the U.S. you must notify the ISA of your intent to transfer and what school you plan to transfer to. The school you are transferring to may have a form for the International Student Services Office to complete. The ISA will enter a "Release Date" in SEVIS (usually the day the current semester ends). After this date is reached the new school can issue you a SEVIS I-20. You will have to report to the ISA at the new school within 15 days of the program start date.

Note: If you are transferring to King University from another school in the U.S. give this SEVIS transfer form to your school's International Student Office so that your SEVIS record may be transferred.

Extension of Program

You must apply for an extension of your program prior to the expiration date on your Form I-20 if you cannot complete your program by that date. Requests for extensions should be submitted prior to the expiration date on the Form I-20 so the extension process can be completed prior to the expiration date on the Form I-20. If you think you will need another semester or year to graduate, please see your ISA as soon as possible.

Documentation of Dependents

You must notify the ISA of any accompanying dependents in F-2 or F-1 status and provide biographical information (full name, visa information, etc) and immigration information (passport and visa information, etc) regarding those dependents. The ISA is required to report information to USCIS regarding your dependents.

Update Financial Documents

When a substantial change is needed for your Form I-20, you will be required to submit a completed Student Finance Form (with appropriate documentation) before the Form I-20 can be adjusted.