The Psychology program requirements include:
|PSYCH 3000||Social Psychology||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 3040||Cognitive Psychology||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 3050||Lifespan Development||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 3100||Statistics for the Social Sciences||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 3150||Research Methods and Measurements||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 3200||Individual Research Project||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 4000||Theories of Personality||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 4050||Abnormal Psychology||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 4100||Theories of Counseling||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 4150||Group Dynamics||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 4200||Intro to Christian Counseling||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 4250||Applied Psychology||4 s.h.|
|PSYCH 4990||Comprehensive Assessment||0 s.h.|
Total Semester Hours
Students who have not had Gen. Psychology, will take it concurrently in their first two semesters.
You must take at least 48 semester hours to receive a bachelor's degree from King University.
Prior college work:
- You must complete at least 45 semester hours of prior college coursework.
- This may be completed at another accredited college or university.
- You may also complete the required coursework in the Pathway program at King University.
Note: The program is full time and is designed so a student with 76 credit hours of work completed at an accredited college will graduate in four semesters.
You must take at least 48 semester hours at King University and a total of 124 semester hours (including transfer credit) to receive a bachelor’s degree from King.
Prior to graduation, all Graduate Professional Studies undergraduate students must complete at least 30 semester hours of general education courses that include at least one course in each of the following:
- College Mathematics
- Science (with a laboratory)
- Religion or psychology or sociology or anthropology or intermediate foreign language
- History or political science or economics
- Humanities: literature or art or fine art or music or theatre
To reach the remainder of the 30 hours:
- Any course(s) in the liberal arts and sciences
If you are not able to transfer all of your general education requirements or electives, many of these courses are offered through our Pathway program that you may take during or after your bachelor’s program.
Total semester hours required to earn a King University bachelor degree:
- 124 including general education, major and elective credits.
For questions concerning qualified transfer credit, please work with your Enrollment Counselor.
Prior to graduation from King, a comprehensive general education assessment test is required. A pass or fail test, the Outcomes Assessment at King (OAK) becomes avaliable in your student portal upon entering your last semester of classes. The OAK is comprised of 75 general education questions.