Focus: Prepare Nurses to Function as Nurse Educators
- May focus on staff development, health education, or preparation of nursing students.
- Selected teaching and research experiences in clinical and classroom settings provide the student with the opportunity to function as a nurse educator.
- Application of specialized knowledge and skills related to theories and principles of education, practice and leadership to promote educational outcomes.
- The program is offered in a hybrid format. Online courses are bookended by onsite classes.
- Develop educational strategies to promote holistic learning in individuals and groups with diverse backgrounds and developmental levels.
- Apply teaching and learning theory to the design, implementation and evaluation of learning processes.
420 minimum clinical practicum hours
Note: These clinical experiences are accomplished under the guidance of a faculty member and a preceptor in field study and internship courses. All preceptors MUST hold a minimum preparation at the master's level.
39 semester hours
To view all required courses for a MSN with a Nurse Educator Concentration please click here.
For MSN course descriptions please click here.