King University welcomes students who desire:
- An excellent education
- A setting where Christian values are foundational
Admission to the University is competitive and based on an overall evaluation including:
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- Personal motivation
- Qualities of character
- Leadership ability
Admission decisions reflect genuine concern for the applicants as well as for the integrity of King University.
To be eligible for enrollment in the Master of Education program at King University, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Demonstrate a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or better on all prior academic work.
- Submit GRE score.
- Complete an interview may be required with the School of Education.
To apply for admission to the Master of Education program, individuals must take the following steps:
- Submit completed application and pay the application fee.
- Submit transcripts from each college or university previously attended.
- Submit two recommendations from professional sources. These can be from your supervisor
and another professional source (including a previous college instructor or another
professional colleague, whom you have not supervised).
- Our application system requires recommendations be completed online by your recommenders.
- When completing your application you will be asked to identify two recommenders and enter their e-mail addresses.
- Not until after you click the final submit button for your application will your recommenders receive an email containing a link to a customized online recommendation form. After the initial request, the link is automatically sent once more one week later if the recommendation has still not been submitted.
- Once entered, any substitution to those two names must be handled by paper submission.
- Curriculum and Instruction: Write a four to five page research based writing sample addressing the following question: Many teachers comment on student behavior and lack of motivation. What are some of the causes of student disengagement and some solutions? Use a minimum of three sources from scholarly journals. This paper should be typed using APA style and include a cover sheet, abstract, and reference page in addition to the four to five page content requirement.
An applicant may transfer up to six graduate credit hours with a minimum 3.0 GPA in comparable approved coursework, pending approval by the Dean of the School of Education.
An applicant who lacks one of the admission criteria may be considered for admission, pending an interview with the Dean of the School of Education. Conditional acceptance will be lifted upon the student's successful completion of his or her first four courses.
If you have specific questions about admissions requirements feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free at 800.362.0014.