Bachelor of Science Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice is the study of the components of the criminal justice system and how they operate together. A Criminal Justice degree at King provides insight into the many ways the system creates policy and change including:
- Current research
- Public Opinion
- Current Events
Why choose Criminal Justice at King?
This program provides a full survey of courses designed to learn about each aspect of our justice system and the theories and research behind it. This program and mix of courses will be beneficial to those entering the field upon graduation or those beginning graduate or law school. Our program prepares students to:
- Make the connection between theory, research, and policy
- Understand and use restorative and other nontraditional practices in personal and work situations
- Focus on change and growth within our current justice system
- Fulfill the mission of King University by building meaningful lives of achievement and cultural transformation in Christ by recognizing and implementing the many avenues of justice
What can you do with a degree in Criminal Justice:
The field of criminal justice is one of the nation’s largest employers and has better than average job growth expected in the next several years (Bureau of Labor Statistics). Having this degree will aid individuals in future job promotions and help them in competitive markets such as state- and federal-level law enforcement.
Child Protective Services
Law enforcement officer
Probation and Parole
Where are King Criminal Justice grads now?
- Graduate School
- Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Chief of Police
- City Police and County Sheriff’s Departments
- School Resource Officer
Criminal Justice Faculty
Criminal Justice Coursework
To view all required courses for a B.S. in Criminal Justice please click here.
For course descriptions please click here.
The Criminal Justice program requires a laptop with Microsoft Office 2010 or later, and wireless and webcam capability.
For information about accreditation click here.