Peeke School of Mission: Tadlock-Wallace Building
The Tadlock-Wallace House serves as the administrative offices for the Peeke School of Christian Mission. The house contains the office of the program's director, a conference room, living areas, and guest housing.
Constructed in 1921, the Tadlock-Wallace House was built as a memorial to the first two presidents of King University. Rev. James Doak Tadlock led the college from its inception in 1867 to 1885. Rev. J. Albert Wallace suceeded Rev. Tadlock and remained president until 1899. The house was the fourth building constructed on the campus after the college's relocation to its current site in 1917. Tadlock-Wallace served as the home to King University presidents for over fifty years.
During the presidency of Dr. Robert Todd Lapsley Liston, the Tadlock-Wallace House underwent extensive remodeling. In the 1940's, the house received many modern updates, with the most noticeable addition being the breakfast nook. The Liston family often used the home to entertain faculty, staff, and students.
In 1973, a new president's home was constructed and the Tadlock-Wallace House became a residence hall for female students for almost ten years. The house was also used for guest housing and throughout the 1980's contained the offices of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program. It was again used as a female residence hall in the late 1990's before undergoing a complete renovation in the summer of 2000.