Welcome to the School of Nursing
The King's quality nursing program is built on a holistic philosophy that promotes
caring relationships and critical thinking. You'll learn to:
- Promote diversity; social tolerance and justice; and personal, interpersonal, and professional development.
- Support mission work and an interdisciplinary process.
- Focus on the physical, spiritual, and intellectual dimensions of health.
- Develop key competencies to promote, maintain, and restore health through planned classroom and clinical experiences.
- Develop working relationships with faculty who are highly qualified as skilled practitioners and educators.
- Interact with classmates who represent a wide range of ages, backgrounds, and experiences.
You'll apply classroom knowledge and gain hands-on experience through:
- Clinical experiences at area hospitals and community settings, where you will gain the skills and knowledge to care for a variety of patients with non-acute and acute illnesses.
- Research. You will learn techniques to research clinical problems and offer evidence based solutions to improve patient outcomes.
- The opportunity to participate in mission trips to Honduras, India, Brazil, and Italy, or opportunities in Washington D.C.
- Service learning by assisting in free health clinics, school systems, and community programs.
King University School of Nursing is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing, is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Helpful links for future BSN Students:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (AACN.CCNE) http://www.aacn.nche.edu
- Tennessee Board of Nursing http://health.state.tn.us/boards/Nursing/index.htm
- National Council State Boards of Nursing https://www.ncsbn.org/index.htm
- American Nurses Association http://www.nursingworld.org/
- Tennessee Nurses Association http://www.tnaonline.org/
- Virginia Board of Nursing http://www.dhp.virginia.gov/nursing/
- Virginia Nurses Association http://virginianurses.com/
- Southern Educational Regional Board (SREB) Council on Collegiate Education for Nursing http://www.sreb.org/page/1081/nursing_education.html
- National League for Nursing (NLN) http://www.nln.org
School of Nursing Mission Statement
To educate students for professional nursing practice by integrating learning, living, and faith in a collegiate environment of academic rigor and Christian nurture and to prepare students for lifelong learning with a theoretical foundation based on Judeo-Christian principles, and the liberal arts and sciences.
School of Nursing Vision Statement
To be the most academically respected, student focused, Christ-centered nursing program in the region. King University graduates will promote nursing science and reflect the Christian value of serving our communities with excellence and compassion.